Pelion Edge 2.0
Device Management Edge 2.0 is now available for public access. In this release, we:
- [mbed-edge] Upgraded mbed-edge, also known as edge-core, from 0.8.0 to 0.12.0.
- [maestro] Fixed DHCP client in Maestro daemon to reorder options and parameters and to add right options to discover packet.
- [maestro] Running Maestro process with Go env flag -
- [devicedb] Upgraded DeviceDB from 1.9.2 to 1.9.4.
- [relay-term] Added websocket ping-pong handler for relay-term.
- [os] Switched init system from SysVinit to SystemD.
- [os] Introduced gai.conf to control the sorting order of the addresses resolved by libc library. By default, IPv4 is preferred over IPv6.
- [os] Removed the cronjob, which periodically restarted the gateway services.
- The maximum translated devices behind the edge gateway is 100.
- No moving devices are supported (Device would be moving from Edge to another Edge device).
- Assumption is that no development is needed in device multiplexing code in Connect.
- Device Echo is not supported (Automatic grouping is not supported).
- No end-to-end security to translated device. Trust is between Edge and Pelion Device Management.
- No bootstrapping for translated devices.
- Registration on observation is not supported.