Secure Factory release notes
March 16, 2021 (2021.3.2880)
- Support for Secure Factory node replacement.
- Pelion branding for Secure Factory components.
sfn importnow loading configuration properly on first time.
sfn upgradenow includes all component updates, some of which were missing.
- Fixed bug that caused root of factories to fail to start.
December 14, 2020 (v2020.12.2336)
- Bug fixes related to uninstall, including the issue that caused
sfn uninstallto remove root of factories (RoF) certificates.
Improved error handling with the device.
For information, see Errors during the provisioning flow and clarifications to the Integrating the factory tool with the device using DFRD documentation.
Any user who belongs to the same primary group as the Linux user who installs Secure Factory Service can now run
For information, see System requirements.
October 29, 2020 (v2020.10.1999)
- Fixed issues with
./sfn setup --cluster-importthat caused the setup of the second and third nodes to fail.
./sfn uninstallno longer gets stuck.
rofcommands now mask provided passwords.
- When you configure your factory for the first time using the Secure Factory Service UI, you do not have to click Save on pages to which you did not make changes.
- Non-root user can now use the
sfntool, as explained in System requirements.
- Support for smaller storage changes, required by the new device firmware.
- Support for PDBStore storage alignment, required by the new device firmware.
- New LwM2M URL (WebSocket tunnel URL) provisioned, as expected by the SDK.
- Updated and clarified documentation.
- Added documentation related to one-node deployment and using an HSM emulator for development purposes.
July 15, 2020 (documentation only)
Fixes to Installing Secure Factory Service documentation.
June 8, 2020 (v2020.6.1488)
June 2, 2020 (v2020.6.1482)
- Fixed issue of Secure Factory Service sometimes creating certificates with a future validity date.
May 27, 2020 (v2020.5.1475)
- Included MongoDB exporter in deployment to enable MongoDB monitoring with Prometheus.
- Enhanced Secure Factory Service security with stricter access.
- Security fix: Secure Factory now revokes a logged-in user's access token when the user logs out.
- In the Secure Factory Command UI, fixed a sizing issue that occurred when opening the Update CA certificate window on a small screen.
- Fixed batch key expiry date calculation that could cause Secure Factory to expire batch key with a few hours offset from the expected time.
March 29, 2020 (v2020.3.1245)
./sfn dbCLI commands. See the Secure Factory Service installation flow.
- New node backup and restore process.
- New node replacement process.
- Device provisioned storage is now signed to protect against modification with a check on every reset and on demand.
- Applied MongoDB security hardening requirements.
- When you work from the root folder (
C:\), Secure Factory CLI now creates the
ft.loglog file in the same folder as the
factory_tool.exefile, preventing file access errors that occurred previously.
- Updated HSM setup and HSM ha-group documentation.
- Removed firmware update certificate from the Secure Factory Service configuration.
- Enhanced error handling when working with the HSM and the database.
January 16, 2020 (v2020.1.956)
- Added root of factories services to establish trust between devices manufactured in different factories.